Dahne Harding (she/her) is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC #11328).
I chose a career in counselling because I believe in the resilience of the individual and the power of community to create lasting change.
Counselling has been a deeply profound and therapeutic part of my journey as I have moved through various personal and professional transitions in my life. As I learned about myself, I have come to see others in a more nuanced and compassionate way.
Areas of counselling expertise
- Individual (gender, identity, addiction, trauma)
- Group processes (creative recovery, relapse prevention, seeking safety, anxiety/depression)
Couples Counselling — safety and compassion
Dahne provides a safe and validating platform for couples to explore the dynamics of their relationship through a lens of compassionate non judgement. Increased self awareness and curiosity about meaning for the other are experienced in order to work toward resolution of unmet needs. Couples in the processes of separation, divorce, co-parenting and pre-marital deepening are invited into conversations about compassion for self and other, boundaries, and safe engagement as a way of moving through and forward.
Therapy modalities Dahne uses in her counselling practice
Client centered, trauma informed practice: motivational interviewing, CBT, DBT insight oriented, psycho educational and solution focused techniques
- Experience working with clients with concurrent disorders within a bio-psycho-social-spiritual model
- Experience working with marginalized adults and children; knowledgeable in regards to inter-generational effects of residential schools and other mechanisms of colonization
- Currently providing individual, couples and group therapy, crisis intervention, assessment, and referral services
Personal qualities / strengths as a counsellor
I have a deep and abiding respect for the resiliency of the clients I serve. I’m able to stay in the moment while simultaneously holding the long term goals of the client. And above all, I maintain a professional commitment to ethical standards of practice.