Dahne is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC #11328).
I chose a career in counselling because I believe in the resilience of the individual and the power of community to create lasting change.
Counselling has been a deeply profound and therapeutic part of my journey as I have moved through various personal and professional transitions in my life. As I learned about myself, I have come to see others in a more nuanced and compassionate way.
Areas of counselling expertise
- Individual (gender, identity, addiction, trauma)
- Group processes (creative recovery, relapse prevention, seeking safety, anxiety/depression)
Therapy modalities Dahne uses in her counselling practice
Client centered, trauma informed practice: motivational interviewing, CBT, DBT insight oriented, psycho educational and solution focused techniques
- Experience working with clients with concurrent disorders within a bio-psycho-social-spiritual model
- Experience working with marginalized adults and children; knowledgeable in regards to inter-generational effects of residential schools and other mechanisms of colonization
- Currently providing individual, couples and group therapy, crisis intervention, assessment, and referral services
Personal qualities / strengths as a counsellor
I have a deep and abiding respect for the resiliency of the clients I serve. I’m able to stay in the moment while simultaneously holding the long term goals of the client. And above all, I maintain a professional commitment to ethical standards of practice.
In the news
On May 20th, Dahne spoke on CBC’s Daybreak North with Carolina de Ryk, sharing tips for managing mental health and anxiety while coming into contact with more people.
Education and professional development
- Master of Arts, Gender Studies, UNBC
- Master of Education, Counselling, UNBC
- Brief Action Planning (in progress)
- Core Indigenous Cultural Sensitivity Training – Mental Health 2017
- DBT Clinical Training (Dr. Michele Galietta) – BC Corrections/Justice Institute of BC 2016
- 17th Canadian Collaborative Mental Health Care Conference 2016
- Vancouver CBT and DBT Clinical Skills Conference 2016
- Certificate in Conflict Resolution/Third Party Mediation Justice Institute of BC 2016 – ongoing
- Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
- Theory of Conflict Resolution
- Mediation Skills I
- Dealing with Defensiveness in Conflict (pending June 2017)
- Concurrent Disorder Certificate, CAMH 2015 – ongoing
- Concurrent disorders
- Basic psychopharmacology
- Healing and Treating Trauma, Addictions and Related Disorders, 2013
- New Frontiers in Trauma Treatment – Bessel Van der Koelk, 2013
- International Conference on FASD, 2013
- Northern Interior Health Core Addictions Program Training, 2012
- Suicide intervention (ASIST), 2006
- Alternatives to Violence, Level 1, 2004
Dahne Harding, RCC