Kularaj Bhandary is a Registered Social Worker with the British Columbia College of Social Work (BCCSW #10482) and a member of the British Columbia Association of Social Work (BCASW #100795), as well as a certified trauma therapist.
It is natural that in life’s journey, we may experience trauma or face serious, life stressors. It is not uncommon to go through periods of time when life becomes unraveled. I have a passion for bringing healing to individuals who are going through, or have been through traumatic, stressful life experiences. I help many clients to regain their footing in life, to strengthen their mental wellbeing, and along the way gain insights and “repiphanies” (remember what they always knew) about themselves. With renewed strength and a real knowing of their true selves, they can find inner peace and move forward in their lives.
Areas of counselling expertise
- Depression and Anxiety
- Addiction and Anger
- Grief and Loss
- Relationship, Couples Counselling
Therapy modalities used
- Mindfulness Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (MCBT)
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Hypnotic Therapy (HT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Play Therapy (PT)
- Somatic Experience Therapy (SET)
- Eye movement desensitizing and reprocessing (EMDR)
Strengths as a counsellor
My family and I have lived on the traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh Land in Prince George, the northern capital, for more than 21 years. With over 12 years’ experience working with Indigenous populations on mental health, addiction, grief and loss, and trauma, my calm presence allows individuals to create a non-judgemental landscape and humble ways of healing in therapy sessions.
I believe that everyone has the strength to empower themselves and focus on their personal wellbeing and growth – even if they might not see it themselves just yet. It is with the safe space and guidance that I provide as a counsellor, that my clients can rediscover their strengths, find their focus and take steps towards the vision they hold for their future.
With my combined biology and social science background and knowledge, I help my clients to use not just their mind to restore positivity, but also their bodies; for example, to incorporate physical movement in their wellness practices.
Education and professional development
- A graduate certificate in Complex Trauma & Child Sexual Abuse, Justice Institute of BC – 2020
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, UNBC – 2010
- Master’s Degree in Science, UNBC – 2003
- Nowh Guna “Our Way” Foot in Both Worlds Carrier Agility Training
- Certificate on Crisis Intervention & Suicidal Risk Assessment
- Certificate on Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Certificate on Suicidal Intervention (SI)
- Core Addiction Practice (CAP)