In-person sessions require client screening and enhanced cleaning protocols. As of August 25th, counsellors and clients are required to wear masks when meeting in person, per BC’s Provincial Health Services Authority. If you cannot wear a mask for the duration of your appointment (or would prefer not to), we ask that you please move your appointment to an online video call or phone call.
Worksafe BC recommends in-person counselling only when necessary. Some examples which might be considered necessary are: inability to access technology or private space; certain therapeutic modalities that require physical presence; and other barriers to efficacy of telehealth options (which you can discuss with your counsellor). If you are immune compromised, high risk or live with someone who is, please consider whether in-person therapy is a necessary risk for you. This is not a one-size-fits-all time in our lives.
If you choose to come to your session in person, here’s what to expect:
- Waiting room space is currently closed. Please arrive only at your appointed time, no earlier.
- We will not be providing water or tea at this time. Please bring your own beverage if desired.
- If you like to take notes, please bring your own paper and pen.
- You and your counsellor will wear face masks and maintain a safe distance from each other (no hugs or handshakes at this time).
- Do your best to avoid touching your face, and sneeze into your sleeve or tissue.
- Please wash your hands prior to entering the office, or use hand sanitizer.
- There are no cash payments at this time. We accept etransfer and major credit cards.
- You will be required to complete an online form to consent to in-person therapy prior to your visit.
For your health and safety, these are the in-office protocols we are following:
- Washing our hands between each client.
- Sanitizing furniture and other points of contact (door handles) between clients.
- Removing any fidget toys, blankets, pens and paper that may be touched by multiple people and not easily sanitized.
We’re here for you. In-person, by phone or by online video. Your choice about the counselling session that feels right to you is exactly that. Your Life, Your Mental Health, Your Choice.
Updated: August 24, 2021