In-Person Counselling Sessions
Some Things Have Changed
Effective Monday, May 18th 2020, Repiphany Counselling is beginning to transition back to offering some in-person counselling sessions at our 3 Prince George locations with enhanced safety protocols.
Worksafe BC is currently recommending in-person counselling only when necessary. Some examples which might be considered necessity are: inability to access technology or private space; certain therapeutic modalities that require physical presence; and other barriers to efficacy of telehealth options (which you can discuss with your counsellor). If you are immune compromised, high risk or live with someone who is, please consider whether in-person therapy is a necessary risk for you. This is not a one-size-fits-all time in our lives.
If you choose to come to your session in person, here is what is different:
- Waiting room space is currently closed. Please arrive only at your appointed time, no earlier.
- We will not be providing water or tea at this time. Please bring your own beverage if desired.
- If you like to take notes, please bring your own paper and pen.
- You and your counsellor will maintain a safe distance from each other (no hugs or handshakes at this time).
- Do your best to avoid touching your face, and sneeze into your sleeve or tissue.
- Wash your hands prior to entering the office, or use hand sanitizer.
- No cash payments at this time. We accept etransfer and major credit cards.
- You will be required to complete an online form to consent to in-person therapy prior to your visit.
You may not do an in-office session (and therefore will need to do your session online or over the phone) if you have:
- Visited or passed through another country or province in the last 14 days
- Been in close contact with anyone who has visited another country or province in the last 14 days
- Been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, or difficulty breathing)
For your health and safety, the following in office protocols are being followed by us:
- Washing our hands between each client
- Sanitizing furniture and other points of contact (door handles) between clients.
- Removing any fidget toys, blankets, pens and paper that may be touched by multiple people and not easily sanitized.
We are anticipating that this will be a gradual return, and your choice about what feels right to you is just that. Your Life, Your Mental Health, Your Choice.
Updated: May 20, 2020