Stella Ndunda is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (# 2765) with a Masters in Counselling Psychology.
I have a combined 19 years of education and experience in working with children and adults in individual and group counselling. My depth of experience has shown me that individuals feel empowered in their lives when they are able to fully express who they are and what they need. Clients are able to create more fulfilling lives for themselves by developing skills and adopting the tools they receive in therapy. I am honored to facilitate this process, and to be invited to walk alongside an individual as they navigate difficult emotions at critical periods of their lives.
Areas of counselling expertise
- Anxiety (Racing thoughts, excessive worry, stress)
- Depression (Lack of motivation, loss of interest in life and connections)
- Life transitions (Career, Divorce/Separation, Relocations)
- Relationships issues (Relationship Effectiveness, Communication, Conflict Resolution)
- Emotional Dysregulation. (Anger, Shutdown, Easily Triggered)
- I also have a special interest in working with women navigating life transitions and BIPOC individuals to process the oppression, racism, trauma, and discrimination that they face in everyday life.
Therapy modalities Stella uses in her counselling practice
I employ varied therapeutic modalities. such as cognitive behavioural therapy, narrative therapy, dialectical behavioural therapy, all within a trauma-informed practice lens. My goal is to create a respectful and comfortable, safe environment to allow the client to explore and freely express their needs and concerns, and to collaborate with them to identify and achieve their goals.
Personal qualities / strengths as a counsellor
I am a patient, empathic and curious counsellor who focuses on creating a safe space for my clients by establishing a non-judgmental and client centered environment. I believe that all individuals are the experts of their own lives, and as a therapist my goal is to help my clients identify and utilize their own unique abilities and strengths to achieve their goals. You are in the driver’s seat. My role is to use my experience and education to help you navigate.
Education and professional development
- Bachelors of Community Development
- Masters of Counselling Psychology
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy skills training
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Depression
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Anxiety
- Motivational Interviewing
- American Association of Suicidology training